- Police Target Hemp Fest with US 95 Traffic Drug Enforcement Operation
- Idaho Activists Launch Medical Cannabis Initiative
- Pro-Gun Rights Rally in Friendship Square Moves Weekly Peace Vigil Across the Street
- Monsanto Phosphate Mine Near Soda Springs Leaking
- Washington Cities & Tribes form Anti-Coal Train Coalition
Posted in Audio, Evening Report
Tags: Coal, Coal Trains, Guns, Hempfest, Marijuana, Mining, Monsanto, Palouse Peace Coalition Event, peace, Phosphate, Police, Seattle, Tribal News
“When Politics Fail: the Grassroots Movement that will Bring Peace to Israel/Palestine” 10-19-2011 lecture by Dr. Mark Braverman at University of Idaho Administration Auditorium. Sponsored by Palouse Peace Coalition, U of I Martin Institute, Unitarian Universalist Church of the Palouse, UI ASUI Student Engagement and Leadership Programs, Peace and Justice League of Spokane, U of I Human Rights and Inclusion, and other groups. Dr. Mark Braverman is a clinical psychologist , founder of Crisis Management Group Associates in Maryland and longtime activist for justice in Palestine. He is the author of “Fatal Embrace: Christians , Jews and the Search for Peace in the Holy Land”. Mark Braverman also spoke with community members at a lunch meeting at the Unitarian Church. His lectures evoked dialogue about the conflict in the West Bank, its historical and Biblical underpinnings. He passionately describes his unorthodox, controversial and deeply considered solution to the problem of human rights violations, traumatic grief and his hope for change in Israel today.